1740 Main St. Suite 103
PO Box 72
Tazewell, TN 37879
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30am
Phone: 423-626-3275 or
Your payment options are:
- By mail: P.O. Box 72, Tazewell, TN 37879
- At our office: 1740 Main Street, Tazewell, TN 37879
- At participating local Commercial Bank branches
- On-line with credit card at our vendor’s website by following the button below.
- Partial payments are accepted
Taxes payable from October to February. To avoid interest, taxes must be paid or postmarked by February 29, 2020.
Delinquent taxes: Interest will be added to any delinquent taxes at a rate of 1.5% per month.
For more information, or questions, regarding the tax relief program, please contact the Trustee’s Office at 423-626-3275 or visit our website at tnpayments.com/Claiborne.
Please do not pay if you have a mortgage company paying your taxes.
Credit Card payment information:
You may pay your property tax bills online using credit/debit. MasterCard and VISA are accepted. A convenience fee will be assessed for each payment transaction to cover operating and servicing costs-2.65% and $1.00 processing fee. When paying by internet, please have handy your bill and credit card. Credit card payments will not be made over the phone.
Making payments at local banks:
Commercial Bank is offering citizens the convenience of paying property taxes at Claiborne, Hamblen, and Union Counties in TN and Bell County in KY. Please remember the following requirements when paying your property taxes at a bank location:
- You must present the payment stub with a phone number.
- You must make payment in full. Bank branches are not authorized to accept partial payment.
- Only current year property tax payments may be accepted. After February 29, 2020, you must make payments at our offices or by mail.
- Bank personnel cannot answer tax-related questions. Contact our office at 423-626-3275 if you have any questions.
Tax Relief Program
You may qualify for tax relief if your Claiborne County home was your primary residence during this tax year and you provide proof of the following requirements:
- State of TN Tax Relief for the elderly or 100% disabled:
Elderly: You are 65 years old (or older) as of December 31, 2019.
Disabled: You must be 100% disabled as rated by the Social Security Administration or other qualifying agency.
- State of TN Tax Relief or 100% disabled veterans/surviving spouse of disabled veteran:
Proof from the Veteran’s Administration that veteran is 100% service related disabled.
For complete details on Tax Relief, see brochure at: www.comptroller.tn.gov/pa/patxr.asp