Claiborne County Landfill
501 Poore Road, New Tazewell, TN 37825
Hours of Operation: 7:30-3:00 Monday-Friday
Closed Saturday and Sunday
(Open 1st Saturday of each month 8:00-12:00)
There is a fee for disposal at the Landfill location.
Claiborne County Convenience Centers:
Tazewell Center – 106 Blue Top Road, Tazewell, TN 37879
New Tazewell Center Hwy 33 – 1959 Hwy 33 South, New Tazewell, TN 37825
Springdale Center – 1959 Hwy 25E South, Tazewell, TN 37879
Harrogate Center – 147 Industrial Park Drive, Harrogate, TN 37752
Sunnyside Center – 2144 Hwy 63, Cumberland Gap, TN 37724
Speedwell Center – 4421 Back Valley Road, Speedwell, TN 37840
Hours of Operation: 7:00-7:00 Monday-Saturday, Closed on Sunday
Cedar Fork Center – 4206 Cedar Fork Road, Tazewell, TN 37879
Clairfield Center – 6671 Hwy 90, Clairfield, TN 37715
Hours of Operation: 9:00-5:00 M, T, Th, F, and Sat. Closed on Wed. And Sun.
There is no fee for disposal at the Convenience Centers for Claiborne County residents only.
The Claiborne County Sanitation Department operates the County Landfill Solid Waste and Construction and Demolition site and seven Solid Waste and Recyclable Centers for Claiborne County residents only. The Landfill and Convenience Centers operate through County taxes and commercial fees.
Waste accepted at the Claiborne County Landfill:
- Household bagged garbage, Solid Waste, Mattresses, Electronics, Appliances, Furniture, Demolition Materials, Brush, leaves and small limbs (stumps are not accepted). Tires are accepted but must be removed from the rims.
- Fees: $40.00 per ton for Solid Waste, $30.00 per ton for Construction and Demolition and $77.00 per ton for Tires.
- Recycling: Cardboard, Plastic, Paper, used Oil, Metal and Aluminum
- Paint is also accepted, Oil or Latex based only
Waste Accepted at the Claiborne County Convenience Centers: Claiborne County Residents only and no Commercial Haulers, also each Center is different (see below).
- None of the Centers take Construction and Demolition Materials (wood, drywall, shingles, etc.), Mattresses or Tires.
- Sunnyside and Tazewell Centers will take Solid Waste, Batteries, used Oil (5 gallons per resident each month), Paint (latex and oil based only), Antifreeze, Aluminum Cans, Plastics, Appliances, Electronics, Cardboard and Newspapers.
- Harrogate Center will take all the above except for Batteries and Paint.
- Springdale, Speedwell and New Tazewell-Hwy 33 Centers will take Solid Waste, Recyclables of used Oil (5 gallons per resident each month), Antifreeze, Aluminum Cans and Newspaper.
- Cedar Fork and Clearfield Centers will take Solid Waste, used Oil (5 gallons per resident each month), Antifreeze and Aluminum Cans.
Periodic hazardous waste collection days are held in the County for household and farm chemicals, lead based paints and other hazardous materials, which is designated by the state and advertised through the radio, newspaper and flyers.
Claiborne County Sanitation Department provides the hauling of Solid Waste for all Convenience Centers, Claiborne County Hospital, Claiborne County School System, Claiborne County Sheriff’s Department and Powell Valley Electric. Commercial waste disposal to local restaurants, industries and businesses through third party haulers at a cost to the hauler. The Sanitation Department does not rent any type of dumpsters.